Did you know that there are more than 10 Ways to Use Coconut Oil on Your Hair? I am back to using coconut oil and I have a whole 32 oz. jar to prove it. It’s no secret that more and more companies are using coconut oil in their products because they know its health benefits when it comes to your hair. There are different ways you can use coconut oil on your hair, but the best way to use it is to apply it to your hair, let it sit for 2 hours, or overnight, then wash it with shampoo and condition your hair.
About 91% of your hair is protein,
and coconut oil is known to reduce the loss of protein from the hair.
Protein is what gives your hair strength. A regular coconut oil
treatment can help the hair keep its natural protein and repair the cuticle layers. It can add shine
to the hair, eliminate frizz, moisturize it, and condition it as well.
How to apply coconut oil as a regular oil treatment:
- Finger detangle your hair or use a wide tooth comb to get rid of knots.
- Apply the oil (warm or cold) from roots to ends while massaging the scalp.
- Braid or twist the hair if it is long enough.
- Cover your head with a plastic cap and let it sit for two hours.
- Or, you can cover your head with a plastic cap, wrap it with a good scarf and let it sit overnight.
- Shampoo your hair, condition it, and moisturize your hair as usual.
Other ways to use coconut oil on your hair:
There are many other ways to use coconut oil on your hair, but the best way to use coconut oil is on dry hair (pre-wash) so the oil can easily penetrate the hair shaft. The best way for me may not be best way for you. I know women who mix the coconut oil with another oil because their scalp is sensitive to the oil. I love to use it before I wash my hair, and I have been getting good results so far.